-------- Original Message --------
Subject: [LOCAL-HISTORY] AHDS History Survey
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2007 10:06:54 +0000
From: Christine Jones <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]

AHDS History (formerly known as the History Data Service) collects,
preserves and disseminates digital resources which result from or
support historical research, learning and teaching. AHDS History also
provides advice about the creation, use and preservation of historical
digital resources.

Until March 2008 AHDS History will be funded as part of the Arts and
Humanities Data Service, by the AHRC and JISC, to provide its range of
services for free. After this date we will be operating under a
different business model. We have designed an online questionnaire the
purpose of which is to discover if there is a need for a central data
service aimed at directly supporting historians, and to ascertain the
type and range of services that this service should provide. The url is
<http://www.data-archive.ac.uk/AHDS_History_Survey/StartPage.aspx>

We thank you in advance for the time you have taken in circulating this
questionnaire.

Dr Christine E Jones
Senior Research Officer
AHDS History
UK Data Archive
University of Essex
Colchester     C04 3SQ
Phone: + 44 1206 873528
Fax:       + 44 1206 872003

Any views expressed by the sender of this message are not necessarily
those of the UK Data Archive.  This email and any files transmitted with
it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual(s)
or entity to whom they are addressed.

--
Abigail Ann Young (Dr), Associate Editor/ Records of Early English Drama/
Victoria College/ 150 Charles Street W/ Toronto Ontario Canada