From Parkinson's Actioon Network:

---------- Forwarded Message ----------
Update:  Protect NIH Funding Now
NIH Funding Re-Negotiations This Week!
Take Action!

E-mail House and Senate in Support of NIH

Thank you for your efforts this year to try and get the strongest funding level possible for the National Institutes of Health (NIH).  Your help is needed once again on the same issue because the President vetoed the bill we fought for a few weeks ago.  The House and Senate are working on a revised Labor-HHS appropriations bill this week!
To prevent another Presidential veto and enact Labor-HHS as well as the 10 other remaining appropriations bills, Congressional leaders are currently negotiating a "split the difference" bill package.  We understand that all 11 appropriations bills, including Labor-HHS, will be combined in an "omnibus" spending package that would provide nearly $11 billion less than Congress wanted to spend and about $11 billion more than the President's discretionary budget request.  By "splitting the difference" with the President’s budget request, Congressional leaders hope to prevent a Presidential veto and secure enactment of the "omnibus" appropriations bill.  We don’t know how NIH funding may fare in the "split the difference" bill, so we are asking House and Senate Members to keep NIH funding at the level of the previous bill (3.1% increase).

Your help is needed to ensure that biomedical health funding at NIH does not get lost in the fray.  Please e-mail your Representative and Senators and urge them to support the strongest funding possible for NIH as they develop the "omnibus" funding bill.

To send emails Go to:

 http://capwiz.com/pan/issues/alert/?alertid=10637021&queueid=[capwiz:queue_id]