Regardless of these varying opinions of mirapex, i can assure you that ANY help would be appreciated when doctors ping-pong the young onset back and forth and the job loss, friends loss, drooling, falling, and wondering where she is, it terrifying. I know the drug has side effects, but stage 3 symptoms are absolutely merciless, and I wish I could get more aggressive treatment for her in this country. Many Drs oversease seem to know that head and neck injuries cause PD, but in the USA, they act like parkinsons doesn't hurt if the victim doesn't complain much, but falls often, and tries to wander about. How can they watch see this behavior in the office and not care?
I know my daughter is not the only one getting slack treatment. I wish no one did, but I am sure there are others out there with symptoms sprialing out of control, to whom Mirapex or any extra dopamine agonist would be a godsend., Is there FDA indications about age and parkinson's medications? I mean to ask, is it just accepted protocol or is there REALLy an FDA warning not to medicate the younger sufferers. They are always trying to give her tranquilizers or pain pills and we refuse those. >

Below are some of your comments I found really interesting. . . .

> Mirapex is a dopamine agonist which is very effective in boasting dopamine> and, therefore, function in PWP.> > Before Mirapex was prescribed for RLS it was widely used for PD.> > Side effects can include hallucinations, psychosis and an increase in> negative behaviors such as gambling and sexual addiction.> > It was very effective in addressing my husband's depression, tremor and> dystonia (painful muscle contractions).> ----------> God bless> Mary Ann (CG Jamie 68/28 with PD)
> > approval letter stated "for the treatment of the signs and symptoms of> > idiopathic Parkinson's disease" (quoted from the FDA approval letter> > dated July 1,> > 1997).> >> > It has gotten a lot of attention for RLS because of recent> > direct-to-consumer advertising. The RLS indication was only approved last> > year.> >> > Wilson DeCamp> > Leesburg, VA> > (retired from 22+ years at FDA)
Your smile counts. The more smiles you share, the more we donate.  Join in.