After noticing one of the early green tea posts I introduced my PWP wife to
the beverage. Although I consume at least half a dozen mugs of tea, usually
Earl Grey, each day, she avoids it. Assuming "more is better" I prepared 3-4
mugs each day for her. She calls it "mouse piddle". After a couple of weeks
her PD symptoms worsened; disturbed sleep, increased tremors, poor balance,
stiff legs, her legs would not "stay in bed" (her term for when her legs
straighten & she feels her feet at the edge of the bed), spider
hallucinations at night, emotionally stressed. In general she felt very bad.
After a friend warned her of dangers with green tea, she browsed the net to
find warnings about its very high caffeine content. She stopped drinking
green tea. After a few days her symptoms returned to "normal" (for her).

Interestingly, green tea affected her in much the same way as does eating in
Chinese restaurants (MSG perhaps?) and eating too much chocolate. After the
first time we associated worsened symptoms with chocolate we conducted a
brief experiment. When she felt "normal" again, she again ate a large
quantity of chocolate and the results were the same. She now avoids the
stuff.

My PWP has another sensitivity - sunlight. Should she expose her arms to
strong sun for periods longer then 15 - 20 minutes she develops an intense
itch in the exposed area that may last for 4 hours. I was cruel enough to
have her sit with one arm shaded, the other in sunlight for 20 minutes by
which time she was in quite a lot of discomfort. The arm was not sunburnt.
She keeps her arms covered when outside. Her face is not troubled by
sunlight.

I assume the above changes in PD symptoms are a result of the brain being
unable to respond correctly to stimuli, but that's just my way of looking at
the puzzle.

You may wish to view http://progressiontwo.blogspot.com/ , where I expand
selected portions of a daily diary of my PWP's woes. BUT I do not wish to
become involved in never ending questions & answers, so NO QUESTIONS, just
read it for what it is.

My PWP was diagnosed 16 years ago.