Dear Mary Ann,

That was a long time for your Jamie to suffer with this yukky disease.  I think you made the right decision.  I would want my family to love me that much to let me go when life became unbearable.

We are frozen in right now.  No water and of course it is the weekend, so we have been unable to get the well companies to come out.  My horses do not want to drink the water I took to them either, the stinkers, so I will have to go to the barn several times today to try to entice them to drink.

Dick is well enough today to go out to the pump house to check on the leak from a cracked pressure pump frozen by the weather.  He is back and said the leak is worse, so we can't get water.  I have filled every container I have, but it is going fast.

Do you know what causes severe  cold sweats day and night?  This is a new wrinkle for him.  The doctor gave him a thyroid test.  We'll see what happens.

Thanks for caring.
Elaine

Mary Ann Ryan <[log in to unmask]> wrote: Elaine, thank you for your condolences.  Jamie had PD for 28 years and died
at the age of 68.  Although PD ravaged his body, I believe that he actually
died of something else, probably cancer.  Because he was so debilitated we
decided to not to hospitalize him or do extensive testing when he stopped
eating in March of this year.

Because of your location, I imagine that it is difficult trying to find a
really good movement disorder clinic(although I might be wrong).  It would
appear that Dick desperately needs to be seen by doctors who are very
familiar with the treatment of PD.  If you can find such a center, it would
be worth your time and trouble to get him to one.  Treatment could then be
easily monitored by a doctor in your area.

Please continue to let us know how Dick is doing.  I shall pray for both of
you.
---------
God bless
Mary Ann (CG Jamie 68/28 with PD, died 11/20/07)
www.bentwillowfarm.org
My husband is 71.  We live in New Mexico.  I'm sorry about Jamie.  I do
believe that quality of life is important, however.   I'm sorry I didn't
understand your numbers.  Dick is really with it tonight after a terrible
early morning.  We are watching a movie.