In a message dated 12/27/2007 1:15:09 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, Brignal1
writes:

My husband is a veteran and he may have developed Parkinson's while he
worked for the CIA in Nevada, but I can't prove it, so if there is anyone who
should be discouraged, it should be us.  And 22 years later, the  scientists are
still telling us a cure is around the corner.  You missed  the whole point of
my reply.
  Netrp has done so much for Parkinson's for these years, that I  believe
they will find the answer before "the old boy network" which seems to  focus on
the same old thing. They have been more efficient with  their research  in one
year than the NIH as been in 15  years, AND my husband has been in the trials
at NIH, so I guess  I have experience there too. This organization looks at
new ideas and new  scientists that may just figure out this disease.
And don't tell me what to advocate for, I think 15 years and more of  trying
to get things done, qualifies me to know what I am talking about.   I have
been working on all of this long before you started your  tirade.
  Do you really believe with the next president all of Parkinson's  will go
away.  I had a congressman say to my face, show me one case where  stem cells
cured a patient, and I could not give him an example, but that  doesn't mean it
won't work.  Congress is the target, the president can  only recommend,
congress passes the bills, and can override anything they want  with enough votes.
And BTW, this is all moot for me,  my husband  will not be alive if when a
cure comes.  At 68, he sits in a veteran's  home, while I cry at home.
Gerry

 See AOL's _top rated recipes_
(http://food.aol.com/top-rated-recipes?NCID=aoltop00030000000004)  and _easy ways to stay in shape_
(http://body.aol.com/fitness/winter-exercise?NCID=aoltop00030000000003)  for  winter.