I am well aware of a replacement neurotransmitter is not a test or
medication!!!!!! One more time, I have been in this business for 22 years, have  been
through every single aspect of
Parkinson's, even before disability, when we paid for Brig's medication out
of our money.
Entire life savings gone(and believe it or not, the Reps. were  not in
office).  Brig has been in every trial available, just couldn't  handle the DBS
thought , and I respected his wishes.  Perhaps I should have  over ridden that
decision.
To get back to medicare, I think 500.00 is reasonable for a year for health
care, I pay 466.00 per month for the two of us for stop gap,  plus medicare
for two, plus a nursing home.  How about that?  And I had to  retire from
teaching because of Brig without enough time to get 100.00, my  school district
pays to help with health care costs.  One year short of 25  years.  Brig had no
pension either because he had to quit is job due  Parkinson's, he worked for 7
years without telling anyone about PD., until just  couldn't do it anymore.
Remember this was 1986 when he was diagnosed at 46, that was unheard of,
denied him disability for 2 years, until we got a lawyer, hate to say it, but I
have through it all.
Gerry Haines

 Medicare IS  government health  care and I pay about $500 a  year for it
whicih I think is quite reasonable.  Neurotransmitter  replacement is not
"tests or medication"
Rayilyn Brown
Board Member  AZNPF
Arizona Chapter National Parkinson's  Foundation