"because of the VA poor judgement skills.."
The equivalent of "Brownie, you've done a good job," at the Veteran's Administration was Jim Nicholson whose chief qualification for Director of the VA appears to be that he had served as head of the Republican National Committee.  He resigned under fire after the Walter Reade news reports.  I've always felt that the tone of a professional office, or of a company, is spearheaded by those at the top.  So many events of the past 7 years bear this out.
====================
From: Schaaf Angus / Meadow Creek Ranch <[log in to unmask]>
Date: 2008/01/02 Wed PM 06:20:39 CST
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Vets must enroll before 1-17 to get VA  Healthcare

This is a good idea but only for fall back measures.
The VA faciities give for the most part adequate medical care unless its
something that will cost them too much then they bury the information and
inadvertently dont tell you about your true condition. This I personally
know after my VA doc quit and they wouldnt reassign me another I went
looking locally, which was alot closer anyways, with medical records in hand
and found out just how messed up I was besides the Parkinsons. My new docs
are now working on better treatments and pin point testing .  I'm hoping
2008 will result in improvements in health that were put on hold because of
the VA poor judgement skills.

Still a good idea to sign up just in case one needs it .    Rob