> Date: Wed, 2 Jan 2008 00:28:10 -0600
> From: [log in to unmask]

Yes, it is easy to be in denial about problems with VA Medical Centers, and the instructions they get from VA Regional Offices (VARO).  That does not mean there is no problem. For many years, women were not entitled to receive care there, even when the laws technically said we could. So I  believe that some of my buddies and I were not the only ones to have some trouble accessing the system.  The Patient representative inside the hospital is the first person you should go to with questions, and if further clarification is needed, write your Congressman's office and the problem is usually handled pretty fast then. Care is still available, but you must know how to access it.
Angela "US Army" Retired