Hello, All.  I am just as convinced as the rest of you that we need more
highly trained, highly skilled, experienced and dedicated DBS programmers.
Oh, yes, and *talented* ones!  Maybe I'm wrong on this, but having worked with
musicians since the 1960s (and programmers since this past summer), I'm
convinced that we need DBS programmers who work very much like sound
engineers: people who see the almost limitless programming combinations
available, and have developed a sensity (an "ear," in this case) of which
knobs to turn how far and which switches to flip one way or another in order
to find the delicate balance necessary to achieve the desired result.  (Ever
see a huge recording studio soundboard?  It's overwhelming to most of us!)

The human body is far more complex than a sound recording, obviously, but I
see similar talents and skills being required to produce positive results.
Very seriously, I'm going to contact my friends in the business in hopes that
someone is thinking about a career change.  It's all about being in tune,
isn't it?  Scott

Scott E. Antes
Department of Anthropology
Northern Arizona University