You might contact the manat Angus Schaefe when he comes on.  He has gone off PD drugs.  He is a very helpful man to me. (That is not exactly his email or name, but he is on the List and shows up from time to time. Look at your Medicaid book.  I believe you can get a swecond opinion and also appeal the denial.  Fancymoon

angela hamon <[log in to unmask]> wrote: A drug holiday at our house  is when the neuro instructs the hospital to permanently drop a patient with PD, and Margey says find something soft to fall on, as it can become a regular occurance.

I know this may sound really stupid, but if I had the option of a second opinion, I would try that. We are at the point that Margey has been denied insurance and even medicaid, and the reason she was dropped was due to her young age. . and I suspect sliding scale payment department had a small part also.

If I were you I would check with another doctor before  stopping or changing ANY medication.
Angela, C/G for 5 years. . . to Margey
http://biggestloser.msn.com/