The wait is over: we know that we have the venue we were planning on, and, yes, Inkshed 25 is going to happen at St. Thomas from May 15-18. As you'll remember, St. Thomas has had what the student paper called a strikeout, and until two weeks ago we thought we might lose the entire term. When the strike finally ended, and term started a month late, so many scheduling issues were up in the air that we didn't know whether the conference center and residence were actually going to be available.  On Friday we got confirmation; we're on!

Details of residence and registration will be out later this week, but be aware that it won't be expensive, and it won't be quite as Spartan as you might expect from a university residence: the building we'll be staying and meeting in is a converted motel and conference centre. (There are, of course, hotels and B&Bs for those who prefer that; we'll have recommendations.)

We've put the call for proposals up on the Inkshed 25 Web site.

   http://www.stu.ca/inkshed/inkshed25/

We know it's "the long weekend" (the powers that be rotated "Victoria" day a week ahead), but we hope that that will give everybody a bit of an extra holiday, since no one will need to be back to work Monday morning.  You might even stay an extra day in Fredericton: we don't know many places as nice as Fredericton can be in May.

-- Anne and Russ Hunt
    Inkshed 25 logistics