>very well put,  i see so many people in their 60's in my support group who
>are not on Levodopa and they look bad. guess they're trying to fight on
>without levo.  I appreciate that it is a personal choice but then again,
>these people may look back and realise that a long period of their life
>could have been a lot better.......why delay when u are already "old" , do
>you expect to live till 115 and only start taking levodopa at the age of
>100?
>
>i'm only 40 and been on it for 2.5 yrs... i need to be functional now that
>my other faculties are still relatively in tact IMHO.
>
>btw, gwc - does the sinemet still work for you?
>
>Regards,

If my memory serves me well (sometimes it does not) The **American
Medical Society, just last year, altered the standard Pd protocol.
The new standard indicates that doctors should hold off on
prescribing sinemet  and to start treatment regimens with Dopamine
agonists.
** I could be citing the wrong organization here, might be NIH or
Neurology Association
--
Steve Rack
Brattleboro VT