Apparently there are a lot of DR's who still think that you should save carb/levo treatment for later, theory bring that there are just so many doses before the med is no longer effective.  My opinion is that this is hog wash and deprives the patent of quality of life. I agree, that as the Parkinson's goes on, the ever lower carb/levo production of the body makes it much more difficult to properly time the med.'s.I think that it was Brian Collins of England who proved that doses as often as every fifteen minutes could work. this was before extended release and DA's
I have had Parkinson's 20 years now and, as the local expert {definition: has been drip under pressure}, I see a stream of people who are getting bad doctoring and bad advice from their neurologist.
These patients often turn out to be the kind of people who were taught to give automatic trust to their Dr.  They need to love their Dr.  I try to figure out who is a coward and who is brave. No use to make cowards afraid. Save your talk for those who want to participate in their treatment.
I am so opinionated and onry that I have found it best to lirk most of the time. But I met a 82  year old man today who is not being treated.  His  wife loves their Dr.  Since he can't drive, because of his eyes ,he goes where he is taken. I would like to see what 3 or 4 10/100 extended release tablets would so for him.  My goodness, the man is 82, give him his med.'s.

gwc