to either comment on or to bring to your attention.
first of all, i would like to add my voice to the side that recommends early sinemet intervention with the diagnosis of parkinson's disease. i have been dxed w/ pd for 18 yrs and have been taking sinemet for at least 19 yrs. i have to admit that i have had to increase the doseage and the timing of my medicine (i now take 16-18 carbo-levo dopa 25/100's a day, 9 comptan, 5-1.5 mgs. of mirapex, 2-3 clonazepam, 3-100 mgs. of amantadine, 1-2 350 mgs. of generic soma, 1-100 mgs. of generic zoloft, 1-10 mg. of generic ambien each day and i have just started my fourth week on the 6 mg.neupro patch plus a few vitamins and some tylenol thrown in for a grand total of about 40 pills a day.) while you must think that i am a walking pharmacy but somehow my body seems to require this cocktail of pills to keep me from turning into a philodendron. i haven't always taken this much but it has worked well for me; i guess i must be the living proof of living well through chemistry
also, if you would like to see a video presentation of my shake, rattle & roll 2007 please visit my website at:
www.calipso-pd.org
this was put together by my friends lindy jones and steve retterrer and i think captures the essence of the day.
also at that sight, i have put together, what i call "a hitchicker's guide to my presidential candidate." it is a story in words and photos about my association with presidential candidate Barack Obama which i am making into a scrapbook to give him at his inauguration. (talk about your optomists!!)
and finally, to see a letter to the editor that was in yesterday's Peoria Journal Star, please go to:
http://www.pjstar.com/stories/020208/FOR_BFLF62T4.003.php
  thank you for this forum.

Joan Blessington Snyder   57/18
www.calipso-pd.org
"Hang tough...no way through it but to do it."

Chris in the Morning    Northern Exposure