I heartily second the gratitude.  It can't have been easy to put together
such a persuasive and coherent synthesis of your initial draft, Susan, and
our community's various suggestions.  I can hardly wait to see it in UA!

~Amanda

On Sun, Mar 30, 2008 at 11:43 AM, Betsy Sargent <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

> Splendid, Susan!  This piece is terrific.  Thanks so much for taking this
> on.
> Gratefully, Betsy
>
> At 10:14 AM 3/30/2008, you wrote:
> >Thanks to everyone.  If it weren't the end of term, I could write a
> >small dissertation on the challenges and pleasures of writing about
> >writing with a bunch of writing people.  But it's the end of term, and
> >that's probably 'nuff said.
> >
> >Here is the latest attempt to write a coherent intelligent and
> >confessedly incomplete response to the UA piece.  It incorporates some
> >but not all of the wiki editings, and some of the comments I've received
> >publicly and privately through the list serv.  I am grateful for every
> >bit of advice and the generosity with which it was offered.  The last
> >paragraphs are new, and I have accepted the suggestion that I sign it as
> >myself but "on behalf of and in collaboration with members of..."
> >
> >I have asked UA about a deadline for such a response.  I haven't had an
> >answer yet, but I'm guessing it will be "soon."
> >So please take a look, make sure that there's nothing there to embarrass
> >us, and let me know as soon as you can.  I'm also posting it to the
> >wikispace.
> >
> >Cheers
> >Susan
> >***

< snip >
--
*~*Gramarye/Glamour/Grammar: the power to bewitch and enchant through the
learned use of spoken and written language.*~*