If you will be attending the CCCCs in New Orleans and you plan to bring
your children with you, the Committee on Child Care Initiatives would
like to make you aware of two possibilities for childcare during the
conference:

   1. *Dependable Kid Care*. A professional childcare organization
      recommended by the Hilton Riverside concierge, Dependable Kid Care
      is available to care for one to two children in the same family in
      a hotel room, for a three-hour minimum. Their rate is $14 an hour,
      plus parking fees. Call 504-486-4001 to schedule a sitter or for
      more information.
   2. *Parent/Childcare Swap*. An informal childcare swap for CCCCs
      members was set up last semester at
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CCCCBabysit, by Sonja Andrus in
      response to a childcare discussion on the WPA-list. You might
      visit the site or contact Sonja, the group moderator, at
      [log in to unmask] <mailto:[log in to unmask]> for additional
      information. We also encourage those of you who indicated that you
      would be willing to help watch someone’s child/ren for an hour or
      so at the conference to sign up on the site, even if you are not
      bringing children of your own. Every bit of support that we can
      provide will help all members of our community to participate in
      the convention.

Please be aware that neither CCCCs/NCTE nor the Hilton Hotel assumes
liability for either of these options.

Roger Graves
Member, Committee on Child Care Initiatives, CCCCs