From: Don C. Reed: Co-chair, Californians for Cures; Sponsor, Roman Reed
Spinal Cord Injury Research Act; Vice President, Policy Outreach, Americans
for Cures Foundation*

State of Stem Cell Advocacy conference, April 12-13, UCSF, San Francisco.

Americans for Cures Foundation is proud to announce Michael J. Fox as our
featured speaker at State of Stem Cell Advocacy 2008, our conference for
grassroots advocates united in support of stem cell research. We want you
there with us!

Advocates will hear recent progress toward cures, learn how to gain more
funding for research through state and federal programs, and enhance their
own outreach skills- learning from our champions, first-hand. Topics range
from practical to visionary: from Stem Cells 101 to the latest advances; how
to sponsor a good stem cell law (or defeat a bad one); training for a
speaker network, developing messaging, and much more.

In addition to beloved actor/advocate Michael J. Fox, our confirmed speakers'
list reads like a Who's Who of movers and shakers in the stem cell world:
Robert N. Klein, the man who designed, built, and now leads California's $3
billion stem cell program;
Brock Reeve, executive director of the Harvard Stem Cell Institute; Alan
Trounson, President, California Institute for Regenerative Medicine;  Amy
Comstock Rick, CEO, Parkinson's Action Network and President of the
Coalition for the Advancement of Medical Research; Renee Reijo-Pera,
Stanford's Director of Human Embryonic Stem Cell Research; Jay Levy,
Professor in Residence, Cancer Research Institute, UCSF; Steve Allen,
Communications and Strategic Analyst, Polestar, Inc.; Jeannie Fontana,
research advocate and Independent Citizens Oversight Committee member,
Bernard Siegel, Executive Director of Genetics Policy Institute-and still
more!

For information and to register, go to: http://www.americansforcures.org.
Advocates needing financial assistance may apply for a limited number of
conference scholarships.

Question: We have priced admission as low as possible ($100 for both days)
so admission will not be a barrier to cash-strapped advocates. But we could
use your help. Would you or your organization consider becoming a Supporting
Sponsor?

"Supporting Sponsors" help two ways: one, by making a donation to help
less-fortunate advocates attend, and two, by sharing our conference
invitation with your membership. As a Supporting Sponsor, your name would be
listed in all print and online materials; more importantly, more advocates
will be trained.

Information on sponsorship? Contact Amy Daly at [log in to unmask];
or Jacqueline Hantgan at [log in to unmask]

Thank you for helping make the State of Stem Cell Advocacy conference a huge
success!

Don C. Reed (*titles listed for identification purposes only)

Rayilyn Brown
Board Member AZNPF
Arizona Chapter National Parkinson's Foundation