I am 65, diagnosed last year, just starting Sinemet. My neurologist
tells me that Sinemet does not induce on-off symptoms or dyskinesias,
and that those would occur with or without it as a result of the natural
progression of PD. This issue arose in discussion of dopamine agonists
pro's and con's and my reluctance to start down the Sinemet road without
knowing where it would lead. She says that favorable reviews of DA's are
due largely to promotional efforts of pharmaceutical companies. I would
be grateful for any thoughts and insights on this. Many thanks.