-----Original Message-----
From: Parkinson's Information Exchange Network
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Nigel Harland
Sent: Thursday, March 13, 2008 6:53 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Loss of Balance,/ Falling

Hi, I have had PD since 1989, am now aged 53 and in recent months have
been experiencing loss of balance resulting in me falling flat on my
face causing damage not only to my knees and hands, but also to any
household items which are in my way when I fall. This usually happens
between doses of medication, and seems to have got worse since I started
on Rotigotine patches. The frustrating thing about this is that I can
tell when I am about to fall, but I can't stop myself, it is almost as
if there is a little voice in my head saying " Fall, fall" and however
hard I try to stop it, down I go.
Does anyone else have a similar experience, and perhaps any advice on
how to stop it from happening.

Regards
Nigel Harland

To sign-off Parkinsn send a message to: