Americans for Cures Foundation announces that Michael J. Fox will be a
featured speaker at SOSCA (State of Stem Cell Advocacy) 2008, this year's
leading conference for grassroots advocates supporting stem cell research.

The conference will be held on April 12-13 at UCSF Mission Bay Conference
Center. Americans for Cures Foundation welcomes new and experienced
advocates of all diseases and conditions to learn approaches that can
further their advocacy for the facts and promise of stem cell research.
Registration for the event is open at www.americansforcures.org.

Don C. Reed, sponsor of the Roman Reed Spinal Cord Injury Act (California,
1999) and a Board member of Americans for Cures Foundation, said, "No living
individual so galvanizes public opinion on the need for stem cell research
as Michael J. Fox. His physical struggle with Parkinson's is plain, as is
the courage and determination with which he faces the challenge. Like
Christopher Reeve before him, he puts his life on the line to further
families' rights to the best healthcare in America."

Mr. Fox joins other confirmed speakers including Robert N. Klein, Chair,
California Institute for Regenerative Medicine (CIRM); Amy Comstock Rick,
CEO, Parkinson's Action Network and President, Coalition for Advancement of
Medical Research; Bernard Siegel, founder and Executive Director of Genetics
Policy Institute; and Brock Reeve, Executive Director, Harvard Stem Cell
Institute, and brother of Christopher Reeve.
"We are reaching out nationally to Americans who are hungry for the facts,
not the hype, about stem cell science. If we speak out together for cures,
we can accelerate the pace at which hope becomes the reality of therapy."
added Constance McKee and Amy Daly, Co-Executive Directors of Americans for
Cures Foundation (A4CF).

If you would like more information, please click More Information or email
us at [log in to unmask]

Rayilyn Brown
Board Member AZNPF
Arizona Chapter National Parkinson's Foundation