completely anecdotal, but...

My father, who was diagnosed about 12 years ago for PD was diagnosed for sleep
apnea AFTER his PD diagnosis, but we suspect that he had it for years.
Unfortunately, he refuses to use his CPAP machine so falls asleep regularly
during the day.   I think the CPAP machine could only help since it encourages
better sleep and better airflow, yes?

My mother-in-law who had a rare neuromuscular disorder (Stiff Person's
Syndrome) also had sleep apnea for many years before her diagnosis of SPS.

"Parkinson's Information Exchange Network"
<[log in to unmask]> on Sunday, March 23, 2008 at 2:39 PM -0500