Dear Gerry,

My heart is breaking for you.  I know what you mean because last summer I thought I was losing Dick forever.  April 12th will be our 50th anniversary.  I was a basket case like you are now.  My children could not understand.  They always saw me as a strong woman.  He came home a different person than when he went into the hospital.  I am going through that living grief now, but last May I knew he was dying and I felt like I was dying, too.

I wished him a swift death at that time, but he recovered and came home to lead a long, slow decline until he faces what your dear husband is facing.  We have never known any drug except sinemet and eldepryl.  I will look up the drugs you speak of.

I wish you a merciful time as well as that for Brig.  Bless you.

Elaine, cp Dick age 72 diagnosed 11 yrs. ago

Gerry Haines <[log in to unmask]> wrote: You must all realize when Brig was diagnosed, there was no Mirapex, just
sinemet.  Therefore,  symmetrel (amantadine) or sinemet, was the only  thing
available, then came permax, etc.....
Brig is now in Mercy hospital in end stages of Parkinson, unable to
communicate, move, swallow, sodium levels beyond belief, on oxygen, and non
responsive to me and my children.
I am a mess, feel like I have been grieving for years, and now I don't know
how to grieve,
No one should have to suffer like this after 22 years, enough is  enough.  I
pray God is merciful to him.
Gerry

Home.