Doug, reports of Inkshed's cancellation are premature, to paraphrase Mark
Twain (I think).

The conference registration is lower than usual, but it's going to proceed
anyway,only in a different format.  Here's (part of) what Russ sent to
people who had already registered:

"So here's what we propose. We will refund the conference registration fee.
We'll find an alternate, smaller venue for the meetings. We'll hold open the
offer to stay in residence (the cost might go up by $5 or so, but it'll
still be cheap); we'll arrange meetings and evenings, including good old
Maritime hospitality, for those who want to come, share their work and
present their ideas, and -- who knows -- perhaps even inkshed a  bit. In
other words, we'll rethink the conference and structure it according to the
number of people who are actually coming. We'll arrange for meeting space,
computer access, meals, and a couple of social evenings."

I'm presuming that since you didn't get this, you weren't planning to
come??  There's still time to buy your plane ticket!  (I'm going to be on
the flight that leaves TO at 12:50. :)

Marcy