Thanks Graham for those thoughts and for the courage to give this
feedback.  When I saw the final draft, I admit, I had similar thoughts,
but I convinced myself that I must be imagining things, and I felt that
it would be impolite to give yet more revision feedback at this stage
when in general it was very, very good and had so much input from
everyone.  Besides, Susan sounded like she was tired of revising, and
rightly so.  Yet I think addressing these small concerns you raised
would make it a stronger piece.