Brian,  As I reviewed my response to you yesterday I noticed an error
in what I said.  The medications did NOT control my tremors. Please
delete the phrase	" tried many different   medications  which did
help control my tremors." Because my medications were NOT helpful my
symptoms were made worse.  I was more depressed, my flat affect
increased, I became agitated very quickly, and  my thought processes
and speaking.were especially troublesome. Consequently,   I have not
reentered teaching since 1997. Since I lived in Southern California
at the time I sought  additional opinions from neurologists at USC,
UC Irvine,  Loma LInda, and the City of Hope.  Everyone agreed that I
had PD but they did not know what to do. From these diverse views I
have developed  a strong conviction that that people with PD must
manage their own affairs.  Knowing what is recommended and why is
necessary to avoid medications that may be harmful.  I had rejected
Neupro before the recent recall and feel that I do not want to be a
part of the " here try this" equation unless it is part of a
controlled study. Because everyone  in the PD community seems to be
talking about DBS,  we must ask ourselves questions about the quality
of life that we currently enjoy. Unless it is seriously impaired I
would move slowly and study thoroughly.  Gene

Again, please note that the medicaitons I took were NOT helpful.  Gene