MPs voted in favor of allowing hybrid embryo research and I say hooray!!  We
are all made of the same stuff anyway.  I read 1/2 our genes are just like
those of a banana!!  What do you think??
Ray
Hybrid embryos - vital or immoral?

MPs vote today on whether or not to allow stem cell research using
half-human, half-animal embryos to continue - but what do you think?
Scientists claim the hybrid embryos, which sees DNA from the nuclei of a
human cell inserted into an animal egg that has had almost all of its
genetic data removed, will help them understand and even cure serious
diseases such as Parkinson's and Alzheimers.
Prime Minister Gordon Brown and several medical charities have voiced their
support for the research, saying it could save thousands of lives, but
critics including the Catholic church argue mixing human and animal embryos
together is immoral and goes against nature.
Are hybrid embryos the way forward or against the natural law? Vote in our
poll below and have your say in our SpeakOut >>>
Sittingbourne MP Derek Wyatt has already said he will vote in favour of the
bill.
He said: "I have had massive mail - about 60 per cent against and 40 per
cent for the bill.
"Those against are on religious grounds and those supporting have family
with Alzheimer's, Parkinson's or cancer and they are seeking a solution for
their children and grandchildren.
"I have been to a lot of discussions and debates and have done more on this
than any other bill, and I have become clear in my own mind and I am
comfortable with it."
He added: "I don't have dementia or Parkinson's in my family, but I know how
hard it can be for people. Some of the letters I have received are very
harrowing."
The reforms are part of the bill to update the Human Fertilisation and
Embryology Act 1990 in line with scientific advances, and MPs will vote on
four major changes to the bill in the next two days.
MPs will vote today on hybrid embryos, and on so-called 'saviour siblings',
which sees a child 'created' with a tissue match in order to save a sick
brother or sister.
Tomorrow, members will be asked to vote on whether or not to give lesbian
couples and single women equal access to IVF treatment, and reducing the
upper limit for abortions from 24 weeks to as low as 20 weeks.
Report published 9.57am Monday 19 May 2008
Rayilyn Brown
Board Member AZNPF
Arizona Chapter National Parkinson's Foundation