Please include your first name, last initial, and your city and state of residence to have your letter considered for publication. Thank you!

This proposed law is insane.  Blastocysts are not people, fetuses, babies or children.  They are undifferentiated microscopic cells.  These cells are like seeds, they are potential, not actual life.

First of all, giving a cell 14th amendment rights like due process is impossible.   Second, prohibiting research on these cells to cure diseases like the one I have, Parkinson's, is not only inhumane, it denies me,  a living person, my right to recover from a disease that has destroyed my  life.  Finally, it represents yet another attack on science by people who want to decide for others based on their own faith.

Once people understand that they can't even see these cells without a microscope they support stem cell reseaerch.   I hope Coloradans have the good sense to reject this unwarranted, medieval, and deadly intrusion into our lives.

Rayilyn Brown, Director
AZNPF Arizona Chapter
National Parkinson Foundation

Surprise, AZ