In a response for more information made by the Parkinson's Disease Foundation, the President of Kyowa Pharmaceuticals sent this letter to the Parkinson's Community. see
http://www.pdf.org/news/news.cfm?type=1&selectedItem=436
I've heard of a few people who were in the trial and thought the drug was beneficial. It is disconcerting to read in news articles that this " new drug may help people with Parkinson's disease combat the tics, spasms and tremors they experience when their main medications wear off, a new study suggests. "
And then in the same article learn that the development has been suspended in North America. It sounds like the sponsor and the FDA couldn't come to ageement on approving the drug. Why not?
THere is more information about KW-6002  (under "Istradefylline" and its development in the Parkinson Pipeline Project database  ( http://www.pdpipeline.org/ )
I'd also like to hear from list members who had participated in any of these trials

www.pdpipeline.org

-- Archie R <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Was anyone on this list in the clinical trial?