Hi Diana
I think Scott pointed out "we all are different" and try to find what works
for you.

I was dx almost 16 years ago.........I have been on Sinemet for 15 years,
and have no dyskinesias yet.  I am fortunate in having a slowly progressive
form of PD....I don't believe it is the result of any of the meds that I have
taken.  I have been on several agonists and had more side effects from  those,
than I had from Sinemet...so Sinemet is my drug of choice. I am far  from
normal in my activity........but I still have a good quality of life.

Parkinsons takes many forms, and no one seems to know which form you will
develop.

I hope your neurologist listens to your input......and allows you some
freedom to find the medication level that works best for you......there are no  set
rule

Don't be afraid of starting meds......you can always taper off/stop.

Rita Weeks
Nebraska