I have been on Azilect for a year and it has been life changing for me. I
was officially diagnosed at age 36 and now I'm 38. I first started  suffering at
age 34. The first year of treatment I was sick from the  different meds. I
lost weight, couldn't sleep, and always felt terrible. But  after my doctor
stopped several meds and started me on Azilect I felt like I had  a life again. I
am also on Amantidine and Requip.

When I first started the Azilect, it wasn't an instant change. It took a  few
weeks to start feeling the difference. My doctor and I also found that
taking the 0.5 once in the morning and once in the evening - instead of the 1mg
once daily - worked much better for me. The only side effect I have is dry mouth
 and I chew gum for that :)

I can not express how much this med has helped me. I had to be patient and
give it a chance to work (it was 3 - 4 weeks before I felt different). The
change for me: less off time, less leg pain, less rigidity. What it didn't
change was the tremors.

Smiles,
Tabatha