The Canadian Association for the Teaching of Technical Writing/L’Association canadienne de professeurs de rédaction technique et scientifique (CATTW/ACPRTS) changed its name to the Canadian Association for the Study of Discourse and WritingAssociation canadienne de redactologie (CASDW/ACR this spring. The intent of the name change was to be more inclusive and encourage a wide variety of scholars in writing to contribute to the organization.

On behalf of the organizing committee and the conference program co-chair, Heather Graves, I would like to invite you to participate. Current plans for the 2009 Inkshed conference have it on the days immediately preceding the CASDW conference in or near Ottawa, so we hope that you will consider participating in both.

The theme of the 2009 CASDW conference is "The Territoire/Places of Writing Studies in Higher Education: Canadian and International Perspectives." As part of this theme we invite papers that identify, interrogate, and illuminate the various locations—physical, administrative, and intellectual—that form our identities as instructors, tutors, and researchers in writing studies.

Please send proposals and inquiries about the conference to Roger or Heather Graves at [log in to unmask]

The complete call for papers is on the CASDW website:

http://cattw-acprts.mcgill.ca/en/home.htm[1]

We look forward to reading them and seeing you in Ottawa next year!

Roger Graves
Professor, English and Film Studies
Director of Writing Across the Curriculum
University of Alberta

Links:
------
[1] http://cattw-acprts.mcgill.ca/en/home.htm