Hello.  What is your name?

Question 1 Reply.  No advice, but I can tell you that my wife took
Sinemet on
as "as needed" basis for about five years before any dyskinesia set in.

Question 2 Reply.  No advice, again, but another anecdote: My wife has
taken
daily curcumin (either straight or in curry) on her food (she likes
the taste,
so doesn't use capsules) for about six months.  We have a friend who's
taken
it regularly (in capsules) for years.  People in India have eaten it
almost
daily for centuries in curry.  I'm going to start taking it myself
regularly.

Scott

> ===== Original Message From Parkinson's Information Exchange Network
> Question 1 - effects of not taking meds regularly
>
> i have a habit of taking more levocarb/comtam when i need to do
> activities
that require more of the physical kind, andslacking off taking my meds
when i
dont need to do anything physically demanding. in other words, i dont
follow
my meds regime at the suggested times nor dosage.

> is this a recipe for dyskinesia and/or complications? please advise.
>
> Thank You (40yr old PWP) PS: I posed this question at the "ask the
> doctor"
forum as well

> question 2 - any long term effects with taking curcumin supplement
> for long?

Scott E. Antes
Department of Anthropology
Northern Arizona University