As many of you know and was pointed out in Greg's letter, I participated in
the Spheramine trials (the Phase I).  I have definitely shown improvement,
which has held pretty much steady 8 years post-op. But because it was only
done unilaterally (on one side of my brain) I am beginning to progress.

I had the surgery done 6 years into my disease, and I was progressing pretty
rapidly.  I could no more walk across a large room without a cane or
something than I could breathe.  I walk everywhere now!  But I am one of
those people whose dopamine depletes itself the more "physical" I get.

Today I read this statement in an article:  ""First and foremost I want to
thank the patients and investigators for their participation in this trial
and their commitment to the Spheramine program," said Dr. Marc Rubin,
President and CEO of Titan. "We are disappointed by these data as we have
been diligently working to address the critical unmet medical need facing
Parkinson's patients. Although we do not expect our partner Bayer Schering
Pharma to continue development of this product, we will continue to analyze
and assess these data to better understand the study findings and determine
our next steps." This, of course, was July 2, before Bayer's pull-out.

Let's hope Titan finds something good from this trial and take a direct ion
in which we can all benefit.  Fingers crossed here!

Peggy