Hi all,
I sent Greg's very interesting mail to our doctor.  I am forwarding his
response as I thought it might interest some of you.
Moneesha

The arguments are indeed valid. At the end of the day neurological disease
remains a less explored and understood frontier of medicine. I entirely
subscribe to the thought that PD is actually a bundle of diseases which
manifests itself in similar ways. Our current treatments are not
satisfactory for a large number of the people with the disease. The lack of
a clear understanding of the brain's functioning remains an immense
obstacle.

Actually Parkinsonian disease is perhaps the only neurological disease for
which there is any treatment at all. Most other neurological conditions can
be diagnosed but not treated.

Interesting perspective