July 25, 2008
Stem Cell Research
If you have been monitoring medical research news in recent years, I am sure
you are pretty familiar with the controversy about stem cell research. In
fact it has become a hot campaign issue during the 2006 congressional
elections in the United States as politicians, not unexpectedly, held
opposing views on the matter.

Some Hollywood celebrities also got into the picture the most prominent of
which is Michael J. Fox, a fav actor of mine since I saw him in his Back to
the Future movies, who came out in favor of stem cell research. Michael
believes that stem cell research has the potential to cure many illnesses
such as Parkinson's disease as well as many other diseases. If you've been
tuned in to Hollywood news, you should of course know by now that Michael is
battling Parkinsons disease. By the way, in case you think Michael J Fox is
just a misinformed Hollywood celebrity, his position is actually backed up
by a lot of scientists and medical researchers who believe that stem cell
research could go a long way towards finding an effective treatment for
various diseases.

Personally, I'm still also grappling with this issue and, truth be told, I
still haven't solidified my stance on the matter. Still, I must admit that I
lean more towards the position of Michael mainly because I believe that in
this day and age we should do everything we can to find a cure to the
illnesses that continue to bedevil us.

Anyways, one of many companies directly involved in this issue is celle.com.
Interestingly, I learned from the site that one way of collecting stem cell
is through women's menstrual fluid which can be stored for future need.
Visit C'elle if you want to know more about the company's services and how
you can avail of them.

Posted by Pim Watts on Friday, July 25, 2008

Rayilyn Brown
Director AZNPF