Just got back from out of town.  I agree wholeheartedly with everyone who's
responded to your message, so won't add a thing.  Hope your mom and you are
doing *much* better.  Scott

>===== Original Message From Parkinson's Information Exchange Network
>My Mom, 70 years old was diogn. with parkinson about 4 years ago.  She has
never taken even a simple tylenol before.  She hates the thought of taking
medicine.  Finally, on last Friday she gave in and accepted the fact that life
as she has always known, had changed and she needed help.  She can no longer
walk, brush her hair, get dressed, or even write her name.  I took her to a
Grat doctor who started her on Miropex, .125 3 times a day, and sent her to
her own family doctor for heart & lung check ups as she was faving shortness
of breath.  I really think she got overwhelmed and had a very bad anziety
attack, but  she wound up in the hospital Friday afternoon.  Today, Sunday,
she is totally confused and talking out of her head.  The only meds she is
getting is the miropex & ativan for her being so nervious.  Is this normal?
Is her body just getting use to the med's and will it get better?

Scott E. Antes
Department of Anthropology
Northern Arizona University
Flagstaff, AZ 86011-5200