From: Sandra Edwards <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: SCARED...
To: [log in to unmask]
Date: Sunday, July 27, 2008, 9:22 PM

My Mom, 70 years old was diogn. with parkinson about 4 years ago.  She has never
taken even a simple tylenol before.  She hates the thought of taking medicine.
Finally, on last Friday she gave in and accepted the fact that life as she has
always known, had changed and she needed help.  She can no longer walk, brush
her hair, get dressed, or even write her name.  I took her to a Grat doctor who
started her on Miropex, .125 3 times a day, and sent her to her own family
doctor for heart & lung check ups as she was faving shortness of breath.  I
really think she got overwhelmed and had a very bad anziety attack, but  she
wound up in the hospital Friday afternoon.  Today, Sunday, she is totally
confused and talking out of her head.  The only meds she is getting is the
miropex & ativan for her being so nervious.  Is this normal?  Is her body
just getting use to the med's and will it get better?