I spent most of my day putting out little pre-term "Writing Centre
fires," and so only sat down to read your many rich and varied responses
to my spelling query a short while ago (and what a torment it was to me
all day, knowing that those responses were there in my in-box but not
being able to sit down and devour them!).  Some of you wrote such
valuable gems that I'll be responding to you individually as soon as I
can. But meanwhile, to all of you: thank you so much for taking time to
reflect and to share those reflections. A community is a wonderful
thing, and you've reminded me of that.

In case you're interested, it is this little article (and the responses
it provoked) that inspired the CBC producer to create a show on spelling....

http://www.timeshighereducation.co.uk/story.asp?sectioncode=26&storycode=403092&c=1

Once again, thank you all so much! More later,

Ginny Ryan