I apologize for putting this request out on CASLL, but it seemed a good way to get some ideas.  Please reply privately to [log in to unmask] to avoid further clogging the list.

I am wondering whether there is any realistic prospect of work in BC, preferably Vancouver area, for someone like me.  Much as we love the Maritimes, my good husband (Patrick Donahoe) 's quest for a new challenge is taking him West.  He starts work next week as VP Student and Institutional Support at Capilano University in North Vancouver.  I am committed to staying here for the coming year, but then?

Since I don't like to think of myself as a stick-in-the-mud, I am seriously considering moving too, so I would appreciate any suggestions of where and how I might go about finding a place that is in need of a senior writing person (with sidelines in Victorians and children's literature), a 3M fellow, with successful experience as a department chair and some strengths in administration.  And a willingness to try anything once.  That attribute can be vouched for by many Inkshedders who have been to Talent Night.

Once again, apologies for treating the CASLL list as a means of family communication.  Well, maybe it is, after all.

Cheers to all

Susan

Susan Drain, PhD
Department of English