I have just completed a major study regarding communication, and now I wish
to share that knowledge with my fellow members of PIEN, one of the best
sources of support and information.

As we get older we seem to have vision problems making reading a difficult
activity.

Hence long articles with little separation of space, is of limited value to
many older folks, who then discontinue reading.

In addition, small type is also a turn off to many.

Over 50 years ago, while working as a Probation Officer doing Criminal
Investigation and Sentence Reports, I would write 4 or 5 pages to our
Judges. Our Chief called me in and comments on all the information provided
in my documentations, then asked me "how much time did I think Judges had to
read each and every "missive?"

He suggested that I follow the rules of Journalism: Who, What, When, Where,
and Why, and maybe How.

You might have noticed I did not add information on other physical symptoms,
of which are many.

Bernie Barber