--=======AVGMAIL-41D40D252F27=======

(inspired by my friend hobby Jan)
Parkinson's Disease, like so  many other incurable neurological
diseases, is a robber disease. It comes in  the night and like a thief,
it takes away parts of your life...important  parts, like self-confidence
and the ability to perform daily tasks like  brushing your teeth or
getting dressed by yourself. But it is the small, tiny  cracks that
slowly erode your personality and your ability to function as  an
entire human being. These are some of the things that PD has taken
away  from me that I miss the most.
I miss waking up without pain.
I miss the  agility with which I used to make a peanut butter and jelly
sandwich for my  daughter's lunch box.
I miss playing leggos with my son.
I miss the  ability to smell the fresh can of opened coffee.
I miss bounding out the back  door in the springtime and running
barefoot through the grass.
I miss the  feeling of jumping into the shower and coming out feeling
fresh and ready to  face the day.
I miss wearing high heels and tying my shoes.
I miss being  able to hop into the car and to drive away to wherever it
is that I want to  go and not having to have someone go with me or tell
anyone where it is that  I'm going.
I miss the ease with which I used to be able to speak to
a  bunch of friends.
I miss the voice that I used to have to tell stories and  jokes.
I miss being able to stand in line.
I miss long, leisurely walks in  the evening around our neighborhood.
I miss the friendships that have been  lost.
I miss the quite part of the night when my husband and I could stay  in
bed and talk about our days and our hopes and dreams.
I miss lots of  the things that I used to be able to accomplish, but
the only certainty in  life is change.
It is now up to me to decide if I can accommodate these  changes
wrought by Parkinson's Disease or if I will let it win,  thereby
depriving me of all chance to lead a happy, productive  life.

Joan Blessington Snyder     53/14
http://www.pwinkle.com/jes/jes_web/index.htm
"Hang tough..........no  way through it but to do it."
Chris in the Morning         Northern  Exposure

To  sign-off Parkinsn send a message to: mailto:[log in to unmask]
In  the body of the message put: signoff  parkinsn

--=======AVGMAIL-41D40D252F27=======

Checked by AVG  Anti-Virus.

To  sign-off Parkinsn send a message to: mailto:[log in to unmask]
In  the body of the message put: signoff parkinsn

deal here.