Amanda,
We have had the not-very-pleasant experience of being dropped by some
'friends'.  At first I was really upset about it but I eventually realised
that these 'friends' do not know how to handle Prem's Parkinson's and the
changes they see in Prem.  So they handle it by not seeing us, by not
phoning, by not speaking much to him at social gatherings etc.  He is still
the same person, but they do not take the trouble to get past the
externals.  On the other hand, not everyone is like that and there have been
several who have reacted with compassion and friendliness.
Perhaps this aspect of social relationships should also be part of your note
on how PD has affected you.
Do post a copy of what you write so that we can all read it.
All the best,
Moneesha