Living Too Short and Dying Too Long
 by Dr Ray Strand, M.D.
Health Nugget
I attended a lecture given by Dr. Myron Wentz, an immunologist, virologist,
and biochemist.  He made an amazing statement when he said that most of us
are living too short and dying too long.  We are primarily suffering and
dying from chronic degenerative diseases like heart disease, cancer,
diabetes, arthritis, macular degeneration, Alzheimer's disease, Parkinson's
disease, MS, and the list goes on and on.  These diseases seem to be
developing in my patients at younger ages.  Even though we place them on a
tremendous amount of medication, we do not seem to change the course of
their disease.  What good does it do to live to a ripe old age of 93 if you
haven't been able to recognize your family or spouse for the last 10 years
because of Alzheimer's dementia, as was the case of former President Ronald
Reagan? Look at Mohamed Ali or Michael J. Fox.  Have we been able to
effectively help them with their Parkinson's disease?

My patients are no longer as concerned about the years in their lives as
they are about the quality of life in those years.  Quality of life is the
issue.  Because of our stressful lifestyles and poor lifestyle habits, we
are suffering earlier from these degenerative diseases.  Michael J. Fox
developed Parkinson's disease at 32 years of age.  Nearly 45% of our
children who develop diabetes have the adult onset or type 2 diabetes.  We
are certainly living too short and dying too long
Posted at 07:11 AM in Health Nugget | Permalink

Rayilyn Brown
Director AZNPF