> I was wondering if any of the PD members on the list have the experience of
having gout.  Recently I developed the classical tenderness and swelling in my
big toe.  In researching this disease on the net, I discovered to my surprise
that gout can occur as a side-effect of taking levodopa.  Since I have been
taking this drug every day for five years under 4 different doctors supervision,
I feel a little put out that I had to develop the symptom to learn about the
side-effect.  Yours truly, David