My husband has had two bouts with gout, but has had no problem with
eliminating future episodes by controlling his diet (no anchovies, cheese,  sardines,
bouillon, gravy).  His doctor prescribed a type of calcium  medication, I
believe -- I cannot find that prescription at the moment -- and it  took care of
the gout quickly.  Recently, I ran across an article stating  that PWP's who
get gout usually have the most slowly-progressing type of  Parkinson's. Good
Luck,  Sherie

In a message dated 8/24/2008 11:00:18 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

> I  was wondering if any of the PD members on the list have the experience
of
having gout.  Recently I developed the classical tenderness and  swelling in
my
big toe.  In researching this disease on the net, I  discovered to my surprise
that gout can occur as a side-effect of taking  levodopa.  Since I have been
taking this drug every day for five years  under 4 different doctors
supervision,
I feel a little put out that I had  to develop the symptom to learn about the
side-effect.  Yours truly,  David

deal here.