to rita weeks: i cannot tell you how much it meant to me to read  the words that i had written seemingly so long ago. so much has changed and so much remains the same. the disease pretty much has it's way with my body. i'm in a wheelchair almost all the time, now & i'm pretty much in pain all the time...homever said that pd doesn't hurt is a liar. my sainted mother has been dxed for over 3 years and my little brother has just been told that he has all of the symptoms of pd but that he's too young to get pd. i heard the same story from the same neurologist 18 yrs ago and i can appreciate that he doesn't like to give anyone a life sentence. if the truth be known, i am reasonably sure that my other brother and one of my sisters (all younger than i), have symptoms that look to me like pd but they are too afraid to see a doctor. pd isn't hereditary-that's another lie. a third lie is when they said that we would see a cure in 5 yrs-but we all know the circumstances surrounding that one. but despite all of the complaints that i have been ratteling off, i remain optomistic. my children are grown and have left the nest and rather than sit in a chair and veg out, i still try to make a difference and to keep the faith. each year it gets a bit harder to hang on but i shall never let this disease have it's way with my soul. Rita, i was wondering how you came upon that bit of memories that i had written. thank you for posting it when it seems so appropriate.
love, joan
Rayilyn Brown
Director AZNPF