There is a new website for this important book about the halt of GDNF clinical trials for PD -- see http://monkeysinthemiddle.com/
It includes access to reviews, purchasing information,  and videos of some of the GDNF trial participants. Also the transcript and video excerpts from the 20/20 program "Cure Interrupted"
Why do i think this book is so important? Because 12 years ago when I was diagnosed, my neuro said, "We expect there will be a cure in 5 years." And I know the newly diagnosed are being given the same line today, in 2008.
PWP need to understand why promising new treatments too often  do not make it through the drug development process. This book explains what happened to  one such treatment, GDNF-- there are many others.  Once we understand the problems getting new drugs through the pipeline - from lab to the clinic -  and understand the influence of  the pharma industry, we need to try and help improve the process,  They will hear the voice of the patient if we all speak together.
Linda
Parkinson Pipeline Project
www.pdpipeline.org
For more information on the GDNF trial halt also see: http://www.pdpipeline.org/advocacy/gdnf_table.htm