Since I made the cardinal mistake of responding to everyone, let me clarify my statement so I don't leave everyone with the wrong message.

I was told, when I first came to Canada, to go to Inkshed, and so I did.  I found it to be more interesting that one might think--given the unusual and iconic way of responding to presentations--but my experience fell short of the glowing reports I had received from those who insisted I go.  I went back last year--and while I met some new people and enjoyed talking with others I had met previously, I still felt like I had stumbled into a meeting that I was scheduled for but not prepared.

I have given it some thought--and if the newsletter is the right place to air them--I'd be happy to write up my experiences.  My purpose is not to bash Inkshed--it's a great conference for many people--but to try to thoughtfully and kindly examine my experiences.  I also have some ideas I can share to hopefully explain and combat lagging attendance.

Anyway--with apologies to all Inkshedders, I have just re-learned a lesson about audience...and email etiquette and protocol.  :(

Professor Sandy Dorley
Coordinator: Technical Writing and Degree Communications
School of Liberal Studies
Conestoga College, Kitchener, ON
519-748-5220 x3819