Apologies for sounding so gloomy, then. I was under the mistaken impression that Inkshed faced a crisis of sorts.

I look forward to hearing about plans for the Ottawa conference, which I certainly plan to attend, and to discussing there plans for an Inkshed conference in Montreal the following year, which I hope to help organize.

Anthony
________________________________

From: CASLL/Inkshed on behalf of Roberta Lee
Sent: Sat 9/20/2008 1:00 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Inkshed 2009

Anthony, I believe you got the wrong impression of  Inkshed 2008 and the central message that came out of that event. Although the turnout was lower than usual, for a variety of reasons (including, perhaps the location), it was a vibrant, positive, and interesting conference. Our wonderful leaders, Russ and Anne Hunt, were flexible, and ably adjusted the conference to the numbers.
      One of the issues we talked about at the end of the conference was future Inksheds.  We discussed location, and the limited funds people were alloted for conferences. A suggestion was made to see if Inkshed could be held before or after the Learneds and at the same location to save travel money. Thus people could attend both, and the location would be more convenient for most people.
    In my opinion, it would be a real "downer" to focus only on whether or not Inkshed should exist at all. It wouldn't be anything I would want to go to (not a great loss, I know!) but I would not want to encourage younger and more active people to go to it, either.
    Roberta Lee

              http://www.stu.ca/inkshed/